Subject: telcon 060302 minutes

Date: 2006-03-02T15:37:04.0Z
Date: 2006-03-02T15:37:10.0Z

Item. Table SVG issue

Item. Page numbering

Item. Multiple media proposal

Item. Use of longdesc

1  Scribe

DISCUSSION: DP Accepted as scribe

  • No objections

2  Face to Face.

DISCUSSION: PK. Show of hands for attendance. Who will be at CSUN etc. Unsure if we can make progress.

  • NB. Who is at CSUN. PK, HT, MP, SN, RS, MT yes.
  • NB. Will want a chair if NB, DP not present. MP will scribe.
  • PK. Arriving Tuesday. Leaving Friday evening.
  • NB. Arrange by email. PK to organise. Initially Wednesday morning proposed start. March 22. Duration an hour or so at 9 a.m. (the Keynote is early that day).
  • NB. An hour is short for a first meeting .
  • MP. Leave rest to email.

3  Approval of minutes.

DISCUSSION: NB. pproved

  • No objections.

4  Editor

DISCUSSION: Still looking for an editor.

  • MP. Volunteered.
  • NB. More than two could be hard.

5  Table SVG issue

DISCUSSION: NB. Anything new?

  • CA. Nothing new.

6  Page numbering.

DISCUSSION: NB. Is there an accessibility issue on this.

  • DP. There are Braille issues on use of page numbers. Used heavily in DAISY
  • NB. Open office doesn't, ODF does allow identical page numbers .
  • PK. Is ODF spec in error?
  • MP. How does daisy do it?
  • DP. Explained DAISY page number markup.
  • PK. I don't understand duplicate page numbers. Can two different pages have the same number?
  • DP. I haven't seen an automated page numbering in ODF XML.
  • NB. I'm relaying problems. I can't expand.

Action item: Investigate page numbering.

Who? DP.

Due date: Next week.

Action item: To clarify duplicate page numbers which differ.

Who? NB

Due date: Next week.

7  Media Object

DISCUSSION: DP. Explained mediaObject proposal.

  • PK. How would this work in XML and UI.
  • DP. Described UI model.
  • PK. Could use current navigation or CTL F10. Then we could use an attach command?
  • PK. Processing of mime-type - what is the issue? I'd be interested in mime type resolution prior to ISO ratification, and other media in longer term issue.
  • NB. TC having difficulty with mime types. TC may kick it back to us.
  • PK. I think you can insert any number of different types?
  • DP. We need a way of determining mime type from file selection.
  • PK. Larger media types is longer term, but if we have a proposal for XML? Should fix what's broken first. Could we put a syntax proposal to group?
  • DP. Will look into that.

Action item: Take up mime type issue with TC.

Who? NB

Due date: Two weeks.

8  Use of Longdesc

DISCUSSION: CA. Proposed use of short and long desc (as per html)

  • DP. Supportive, but suggested generalise to structured text descriptions which would allow short or full descriptions of, say, an image.
  • NB. No opinion, anyone else?
  • HT. If we add elements svg:desc doesn't have any structure. Need to discuss further.
  • DP. Can we do that on the list?

Action item: Put proposal to list.

Who? CA

Due date: Two weeks.(16th March).

Summary of Actions

DP.

Action item: Investigate page numbering.

Due date: Next week.

NB

Action item: To clarify duplicate page numbers which differ.

Due date: Next week.

NB

Action item: Take up mime type issue with TC.

Due date: Two weeks.

CA