Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] proposal

If you see Chieko's proposal it talked about drawing objects found in presentations. I thought we were on that thread. ... I don't however believe this has wasted time or bandwidth since we need to address both issues.

... but let's look at writer with embedded ui

OK. I see no connectors in writer (.odt) files.

So, in this example we have caption text which is associated with an ellipse:

<draw:frame draw:style-name="fr2" draw:name="Frame1" text:anchor-type="paragraph" svg:x="2.3244in" svg:y="0.5118in" svg:width="1.5945in" draw:z-index="1">

I would imagine the same thing would apply here. Is there a case in a drawing within a .odt document where the author might not want to show a visible caption?

(See attached file: writerdrawings.odt)

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/dw_blog.jspa?blog=441

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.", Frost

Inactive hide details for "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com>"Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com>

          "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com>

          03/16/2006 03:45 PM

Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

cc

"Chieko Asakawa" <CHIE@jp.ibm.com>, "Janina Sajka" <janina@freestandards.org>, "mike paciello" <mpaciello@paciellogroup.com>, office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

Re: [office-accessibility] proposal

On 16/03/06, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>  > OK. Grouping. In SVG a group is a containing element. It is not
>  > the same animal as a grouping tool in most drawing tools.
>  >
>  > I guess you are talking about the latter, me about the former Rich?
>
>  Yes.

OK. None of my comments refer to the presentation app.

For others. Please ensure readers are clear which app
you are referring to.

This thread has wasted both time and bandwidth.

regards

Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
http://www.dpawson.co.uk