Subject: RE: [office-accessibility] Regrets.

Thanks Janina. I may not have been clear about Kim's situation -- she has
terminal brain cancer. She's already outlived her prognosis; any time she is
sick raises a big flag.

Mike

Mike Paciello
TPG
+1 603.882.4122 ext 103

-----Original Message-----
From: Janina Sajka [mailto:janina@freestandards.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:47 AM
To: mike paciello
Cc: office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi, Mike:

Sorry, very sorry to hear your wife is still ill. We certainly send you and
her our sincerest hopes and wishes, I'm sure.

Mike Paciello writes:

> 1. Conversion of CSUN web and audio casts - I've talked to both
> companies and both have *promised* me the open source converted
> versions. I still have not received them. For my sake, would someone
> mind sending me the preferred output files so I can be that much more
specific in my request.

We can do the conversion ourselves if they can just give us files. Of course
raw, uncompressed data files would be preferred, e.g. .wav audio, in order
to minimize data loss from the compression process.

I'm no expert in video myself, of course, but I'd imagine we will need video
encoded to libtheora. Audio will go to ogg and/or perhaps the lossless codec
flac.

The f/oss codecs are all described and supported from:

http://vorbis.org

Janina