OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office-accessibility message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: Fw: ODF AccSC Minutes - 8/3/06

My apologies for missing the meeting yesterday--a midmorning emergency
here pulled me away.

I haven't started my writing yet, but I am working on getting my OO
working again with Orca and LSR today.

Richard Schwerdtfeger writes:
> Here are the minutes from the August 3 Accessibility Subcommitee Meeting.
> Note: I had sent out an agenda for this meeting and the OASIS mail server
> problems we experienced caused the agenda to get dropped.
> I apologize if people were looking for an agenda to decide whether we were
> having the meeting. That said, we did get a lot done. I want to thank Pete
> Brunet for scribing the minutes below.
> Rich Schwerdtfeger
> Distinguished Engineer, SWG Accessibility Architect/Strategist
> Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review  Board
> blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer
> ----- Forwarded by Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM on 08/04/2006 09:20 AM
> -----
>              Pete                                                      
>              Brunet/Austin/IBM                                         
>                                                                         To
>              08/03/2006 03:52          Richard                         
>              PM                        Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS  
>                                                                         cc
>                                                                    Subject
>                                        ODF AccSC Minutes - 8/3/06      
> rs: minutes update?
> rs: no response - approved
> rs: who has started their sections?
> all: no response
> rs: sent out a template, modeled after odf1.1
> rs: how to handle alt text?
> hiro: need html conversion as an example - good example of export of ODF to
> another doc format - HTML has strict acc guidelines
> rs: very good idea
> hiro: xforms section - better to have a formulated conversion
> rs: can't save ODF to XFORMS - would have to convert to XHTML2 or XHTML
> plus XFORMS - best to convert HTML 4.2 (will loose some things)
> hiro: in sections 3 and 4 - about structure - we can centralize structures
> in one section
> rs: page breaks - move to structure section
> hiro: table structure - move to central place
> hiro: every section can refer to structure section
> rs: drawing object is not structural element
> hiro: having trouble defining structure and MD in glossary
> rs: covered some of this in section 4, "Converting between ODF and other
> Document Formats", was named "Special issues when converting between other
> formats and ODF (both directions)"
> hiro: need to define landmarks
> hiro: Steve, any issues related to MathML?
> steve: needs research, Steve can tap Neil Soiffer on W3C MathML group, also
> Robert Miner - both at Design Science (Steve's company) - Steve needs well
> formulated questions to pass on to Neil or Robert
> pb: SMIL?
> rs: Rich to research that and other sync'd media
> hiro: Flash is not open format
> steve: ask Dave Pawson for help with sync'd media (using experience with
> steve: Assistive?
> rs: use Wikipdeia?
> all: agree
> rs: glossary - define sync'd media, DAISY
> hiro: should we talk about the accessibility software, e.g. what are roles
> and states
> rs: that's fine
> hiro: will briefly introduce
> rs: relationships
> hiro: agree, it's important
> rs: abtract: This document is a guide for Office Applications, that support
> version 1.1 of the OpenDocument format, to promote and preserve accessible
> ODF documents. This guide is not a comprehensive guide for content mapping
> to platform accessibility APIs.
> hiro: office devs need minimum guidance for accessibility API mappings
> rs: this is a lot of work - too much for now
> pb: maybe we could do those full mappings as work done in subgroups over
> time
> rs: yes - if group agrees to pick up that work
> rs: which section would this be in
> steve: section 2, ODF application accessibility
> rs: example, how to map accessibility info related to a PARAGRAPH
> action item, Rich:  Add something for MathML and sync'd media for section 4
> action item, Hiro:  Add glossary item for landmarks, TTS, screen magnifier
> action item, all:  Do we want a minimal accessibility API mapping in the
> doc?
> action item, all:  Discuss user agents handling of alt text, e.g. using a
> single space so AT doesn't read decrorative text
> action item, all:  Hiro and Chieko need un-copyrighted but meaninful charts
> to use as examples
> Pete Brunet
> IBM Accessibility Architecture and Development
> 11501 Burnet Road, MS 9022E004, Austin, TX 78758
> Voice: (512) 838-4594, TL 678-4594, Fax: (512) 838-9666
> Ionosphere: WS4G


Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.202.595.7777
Partner, Capital Accessibility LLC	http://CapitalAccessibility.Com

Marketing the Owasys 22C talking screenless cell phone in the U.S. and Canada--Go to http://ScreenlessPhone.Com to learn more.

Chair, Accessibility Workgroup		Free Standards Group (FSG)
janina@freestandards.org		http://a11y.org

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]