Subject: Re: Fw: ODF AccSC Minutes - 8/3/06

Hi Dave, response below.

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer

"Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote on 08/04/2006 12:59:18 PM:

> On 04/08/06, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> >  Note: I had sent out an agenda for this meeting and the OASIS
> mail server problems we experienced caused the agenda to get dropped.
> >
> >  I apologize if people were looking for an agenda to decide
> whether we were having the meeting.
>
> My apologies Rich.
>

> >  rs: who has started their sections?
> >  all: no response
>
> grins. I have. I mailed a question to the list which didn't get through.
> I'm using basic level 1 to 3 headings and default text as a style.

Thanks Dave,

I had started my section before the meeting. I posted my working draft for which Peter might start with as I fixed the header, etc. That never maid it through OASIS mail. here it is:

(See attached file: AccessibilityImplementation080306.odt)

> >  rs: sent out a template, modeled after odf1.1
> >  rs: how to handle alt text?
> >  hiro: need html conversion as an example - good example of export
> of ODF to another doc format - HTML has strict acc guidelines
> >  rs: very good idea
>
> I can try that, based on my daisy transform?
> Are we sure there isn't already an html export?

Yes, OO supports HTML export. What we meant by this is a table comparing content conversion between alt text in ODF and HTML.

> >  rs: page breaks - move to structure section
>
> Noted. Question. Are we documenting accessibility after our work
> has been implemented, or ODF as implemented today?

This is page breaks in section 4 only. Since I was the only person on the call who made progress, we discussed my section.

After our work has been completed.

> >  hiro: table structure - move to central place
> >  hiro: every section can refer to structure section
>
> Will each section have a toc, or one toc for the entire appedix,
> based on what levels? 1 to 3?

I would think one TOC for the entire appendix but I would leave that up to the group to decide. I am indifferent.

> >  rs: drawing object is not structural element
> >  hiro: having trouble defining structure and MD in glossary
>
> Hiro, I've tried, using headings as the basis for structure.

I had provided a definition whereas structure are document elements that give context. (headers and their levels, lists, tables, etc.)

> >  steve: ask Dave Pawson for help with sync'd media (using
> experience with DAISY)
> >  steve: Assistive?
> >  rs: use Wikipdeia?
> >  all: agree
> For a definition? Or just for the dictionary (spelling?).

Definition.

> >  rs: glossary - define sync'd media, DAISY
> smil rec should define that. I'll check.

thanks.

> >  rs: abtract: This document is a guide for Office Applications,
> that support version 1.1 of the OpenDocument format, to promote and
> preserve accessible ODF documents. This guide is not a comprehensive
> guide for content mapping to platform accessibility APIs.
>
> Good point Rich. I have been writing with an Open Office author as
> the audience?
> Who is the audience? An implementor?

An implementor of Office applicatons.

> Sounds like it was a good meeting!
>
> regards

yes it was. Hopefully the mail server will be back in working order next Thursday.