Subject: OASIS ODF a11y SC meeting tomorrow,16Aug06 8am PT / 11am ET / 4pm GMT / 5pm CET

    Connection info:

Wednesday 16Aug; 8am PT / 11am ET / 4pm GMT / 5pm CET
1-866-839-8145 (US toll free)
1-865-524-6352 (Intl)
code: 6560654#

IRC: http://irc.oasis-open.org
channel: "&office-accessibility"

    Agenda:

    * Approval of minutes from last week
      <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-accessibility/200608/msg00027.html>
      [also note that Nathaniel Borenstein has formally withdrawn from
      our SC, so we may wish to no longer note his ongoing apologies]

    * Updates (if any) from Accessibility Guidelines authors (drafts due
      September 7th; draft to share with TC by end of Sept., finished by
      end of November)

    * Discussion of goals for a11y SC for ODF > 1.1 (see below, and also
      see posting from Dave Pawson:
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-accessibility/200608/msg00028.html)

    * Issue of nested tables in Writer (HTML examples provided by Hiro)

    * Review Cheiko's diagrams/charts:
      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/download.php/19733/samples04082006.odp

    More on a goals discussion:

Our current charter (statement of purpose & deliverables, etc.) can be
found at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office-accessibility
It says:

*Statement of purpose*

   1. To liaise with the disability community to gather accessibility
      related feedback on the OpenDocument v1.0 specification.
   2. To gather accessibility related feedback from implementors of
      accessible applications that implement OpenDocucument v1.0.
   3. To produce a formal accessibility evaluation of the OpenDocument
      v1.0 file format.

*Deliverables*

   1. A formal accessibility evaluation of the OpenDocument v1.0
      specification.
   2. A (possibly empty) list of accessibility information that is not
      defined in OpenDocument v1.0, and whose absence makes it
      impossible for applications to implement accessibility enhancements.

*Scope of work*
The subcommittee's work is to ensure that OpenDocument schema allows to
store the information that is required by applications aimed at allowing
people with disabilities to access properly the content of OpenDocument
documents.

*Manner and schedule of work*
The work of the subcommittee will be primarily through a mail list set
up by OASIS for subcommittee work. Access by the public will be through
an openly available mail list archive.

Conference calls will be scheduled on a regular basis as agreed by the
subcommittee after its formation.

Rich and I had some discussions with Michael Brauer about SC goals, and
his suggestion was:

    The SC charter must mention the statement of purpose an the
    deliverables. If I merge your proposal into the existing charter, I
    get something like:

    Statement of purpose

       1. To liaise with the disability community to gather
    accessibility related feedback on the OpenDocument specification.
       2. To gather accessibility related feedback from implementors of
    accessible applications that implement OpenDocucument.

    Deliverables

       1. Accessibility related guidelines for OpenDocument implementors
    and users.
       2. Proposals for accessibility enhancements.

    The statement of purpose is more or less what we had, except that I
    removed the ODF version numbers and the third item.

    The deliverables are new. I'm sure you find a much better wording
    for them than me.