Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] Malte's comments on latest draft

Terminology.
implementor (of an ODF generating application).
Author = user = person who generates an ODF document using an implementation.
Reader = person who is accessing an ODF document.

On 02/10/06, Malte Timmermann <Malte.Timmermann@sun.com> wrote:

> 3.1.3: The implementor can help by making it easy for the user to add
> row and column headings
> => not user, but author

I view the user and author (of a new ODF document) as the same person.

> 3.2 (org chart):  How can the implementor help the reader
> => Author instead of implementor, or author instead of reader?

No, how can the implementor help the reader, i.e. the end user of
the written document?

> 3.2.3: If an implementor tries this with a spreadsheet...
> => IMHO reader, not implementor

Yes.

> 3.2.3: work with font sizes of at least 12 point..
> => So why do we use 10 in normal text??? ;)
> I think a lot of people use 10, so I wouldn't recommend 12 here, but
> recommend to ODF implementors to offer a zoom mode.

I disagree with this.
Because a lot of people do it doesn't help with accessibility.

> 3.2: Audio: "Let the reader know about the audio"
> => Not sure how to handle: How to do this when giving a presentation?

I'm looking for suggestions from an implementor.

> 4.2: The bullets or list markers are corrupted in OOo
> Also nothing for guidelines

I meant in the Guidelines. The bullets don't show in OOo
The document has been corrupted somewhere.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.