Subject: ODF Acc SC Minutes from 10/5

Attendees: Peter, David Clark, Rich, Steve, Pete, Hiro, Chieko, Janina, Tatsuya, Mike P

Minutes approved

Acc Guidelines
New glossary from Chieko - Peter will incorporate into chap 9
Peter still working on chapter two
Steve Noble to provide MathML update in chapter 4 Peter will keep doc and be back with it in two weeks

RS: We have a todo to get a draft to the TC - we are late
PK: Will inform TC of our delay
RS: Will Peter be able to incorporate the changes into the doc within two weeks
PK: Yes
RS: We want to get the draft to the tech writer

Chieko sent in Hiro's comments on sections 3 and 4
PK: The section owners will review and interact with Hiro in email
Hiro: Can we desribe future improvements
PK: If we are going to deprecate, say "don't use it" and that we intend to deprecate it
Hiro: Want to add:  "It is planned to add native table support in future version of ODF."
PK, RS, PB: OK - Peter will change "It.." to something like "The ODF AccSC..."

Actions
PK: Janina, any action on background images?
JS: next week
PK: Janina, Testimonials of AccSC work for ODF web site?
JS: not much response as of yet
RS: Re Dev Guidelines and reference to future things like native table support - we can't guarantee what will be in future version
PK: We know it's being actively worked on - we could look at these on an individual basis - we should reword it - say the ODF AccSC is reviewing
PK: The ODF Technical Committee is reviewing adding native table support in a future version of ODF.
PK: Will add it to 4.2.5
RS: OK
PK: Need more reviews of the draft
RS: This is from Michael Brauer - need 3 cerifications

Rich,
the precise wording of the requirement is
(f) Certification by at least three OASIS member organizations that they are
successfully using the specification;
(see http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#3.4)
There is no definition what "using" means, but an "implementation" clearly is
a use. However, the certifications must be from OASIS member organizations.
Certifications from individuals are not permitted, even if they are OASIS
members, and certifications from non-OASIS members also do not count.
The certifications must be available before an OASIS standard ballot can be
requested. The request itself has to be submitted to OASIS by the 15th of a
month for a ballot in the following month. For a ballot in November, we would
have required these certifications at the beginning of next week.
For a ballot in January, we need the certifications until the beginning of
December. Actually, I'm somehow optimistic that we would get these three
certifications until when, so the certifications themselves should not be the
main agrument for or against making ODF 1.1 an OASIS standard (but of course
have to be taken into account).
Best regards
Michael

PK and RS are going to work on this.

Pete Brunet

IBM Accessibility Architecture and Development
11501 Burnet Road, MS 9022E004, Austin, TX 78758
Voice: (512) 838-4594, TL 678-4594, Fax: (512) 838-9666
Ionosphere: WS4G