Subject: minutes 19 October, draft

Date: 2006-10-19T15:56:50.0Z
Date: 2006-10-19T15:56:56.0Z

  • Chieko Asakawa
  • Hironobu Takagi
  • David Clark
  • Mike Paciello
Scribe(s): Dave Pawson

Agenda

Item. Roll Call

Item. Review & approve previous minutes

Item. Updates from Accessibility Guidelines authors.

Item. University. of Illinois request to review drafts of our Guidelines (Jon Gunderson)

Item. When should we deliver to the technical writer for editing?

Item.

1  Roll call, Minutes 5 October. approval.

DISCUSSION: See attendance list. No objections. Agreed. PB, HT.

2  Guidelines document.

DISCUSSION: Review of Accessibility Guidelines Document (see it at: Oasis). We are near final first draft text except section of Chapter 2.

  • RS. Section 4 is detailed. Should section 3 be equally detailed to match it. E.g. more in terms of prompts to assist the author.
  • JS. 3 is core, perhaps add detail and maybe cross references.
  • PK. Could offer suggested ways of doing it. Example ways of doing it.
  • RS. E.g. Prompting for longdesc, auto generating id values etc. E.g. edding edit fields for graphic items for description.
  • MT. OK in some places, could be annoying if repeated.
  • PK. Needs care in suggesting how it should be done.
  • DP. Caution over needed detail and timeline?
  • JS. Need to align with others also.
  • RS. Need to get this document to a tech writer.
  • PB. Give to workplace team and Malte's team, ask for input?
  • PK, could use implementers to assess the content. KDE office, Google writely. Feed to these same time we feed to tech authors requesting comment omissions.
  • PK. We said draft to TC by end September.
  • HT. 4 includes examples, no discussions of examples or XML level discussion. If I wanted to learn about accessibility, I might expect some examples at the XML level.
  • Rev 11 is latest.

Action item: Suggest extra detail needed for section 3

Who? All

Due date: One week

Action item: Incorporate suggestions into section 3

Who? DP

Due date: Within 1 days of last input

3  University. of Illinois request to review drafts of our Guidelines (Jon Gunderson)

DISCUSSION: PK. We give it to John at same time as we give it to friends, TC, other office suites. To tech writers, no later than end of next week.

4  Action Items

DISCUSSION: HT suggestions, see above. RS comments incorporated. Have now clarified 1.1 standardisation issue wrt Mass.

  • JS. Re background images. If there is text in a background image, W3C wants it exposed. Unclear if its content or style. We need to identify if a logo or text first.
  • PK. Hence we need to address this for 1.2

Action item: Generate a 1.2 issues list. ODF format. Item: Background images. Also add Edinburgh actions. (PK/DP)

Who? DP.

Due date: 1 week.

5  Next weeks meeting

DISCUSSION: PK. 26th meeting. 2nd Nov. 9th Nov. All confirmed.

The Oasis irc server is irc.oasis-open.org, channel &office-accessibility

Summary of Actions

All

Action item: Suggest extra detail needed for section 3

Due date: One week

DP

Action item: Incorporate suggestions into section 3

Due date: Within 1 days of last input

DP.