Subject: Re: ODF Test Suite

On 19/10/06, Pete Brunet <brunet@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>  ODF Test Suite - http://netmoc.cpe.ucf.edu/Projects/OpenDocument/TestSuite.html

Thanks Pete. That looks more like it.

I'm a little disturbed with the way the testing is being done.
Again it seems to focus on ODF as a display capability, rather than
as a document format.
Here is some XML, this is what it should look like.
No import or export capability - but how to test & what's the spec actually
require?
The point Rich and Peter picked up on, my styles don't work in your
implementation. Again is that testable?

Interoperability isn't mentioned (unless visible differences are found I guess).
It's using two implementations.
It's wholly subjective - does this test output look like this?

I'd like to be able to run a suite of tests and see a binary output,
pass / fail.
If fail, why.

Am I being too simplistic?

regards