Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] Parking lot, issues list, future work.

Hey, stop confusing me Rich :-)

This is for next week, the appendix (tell me if I'm wrong).

> 3.1.3.1
>
>  - Should say something about list structure whereas indentation should be
> clearly represented in the document content and not through the use of
> presentation styling. An indented child should be in the subtree of the of
> the parent bullet when parsed. See section 4.2.2.

-0 I'm ambivalent about this.
Probably the starting point was visual presentation.
You're asking to convert presentation into structure (nesting content
into list items).

What do others think?

>  - Should say something about page breaks

+1

>  - Table headings, <table:table-header-rows>, once created should be
> repeated on each page and be conveyed in the document structure.

-1. IMHO that's styling / presentation, not markup. If you want to advise that
as being good presentationally then fine. I don't think it has anything to
do with accessibility.

>  3.1.3
>
>  - Should make a comment about the fact that ODF 1.1 does not support tables
> in presentations.
-1
Isn't that a negative, i.e. we are describing what's accessible in 1.1,
not presenting a wish list for 1.2?

> If the off applicaton wishes to create a table it should
> be treated as an embedded ODF spreadsheet and saved as such.

+1 Though I don't know how to say that. Could someone help please.
I'll leave a hole for it in section 3.

>  3.2 Alternative Text
>
>  We need to talk about alternative text for image map elements. This must be
> stored in <svg:title>. svg:title will be used as the hyperlink text.
> <svg:description> is only used if you want to add lengthy additional help
> text to describe what the link will do.

+1, but imagemap is just one one variant of images in general. Is there
anything special about them that warrants special treatment?
Perhaps just list the variants of image?

>  Alternative text (short and long) may be entered through the use of a
> dialog.

Question Rich. Should this be an 'instruction' /request to the implementor,
as well as a hint to the author?

>  General:
>  Please look at section 4 and see if there are additional discussion points
> you can bring in to augment section 3. Captions, etc.

Will do.

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.