Subject: DP action, tidy up section 3

Rich, I'm unsure about some of Beckys comments.
Would you forward to her please?
My section 3 updated, using vsn 17, 12 January as baseline. Attached.

I think I've messed up the auto numbering. Never could figure that out.

regards

On 14/02/07, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>  Becky's comments:

>  It seems odd that you are suddenly talking about XML in section 3.1. While
> I realize that ODF is based on XML, it seems odd to not discuss that.
> Perhaps it is assumed that the audience of this document is intimately
> familiar with the ODF specification and format?

DP. Sort of. We've assumed the primary audience is implementors.
Which infers knowledge of the XML format.

>  There seems to be a fair amount of repetition in section 3.2 - the examples
> in 3.2.5 overlap with previous sections. Section 3.2.1 is about more than
> just imagemaps. I think these sections need to be reworked and consolidated.
>
>  The table example is 3.27 (or maybe it is 3.3 - the section has both
> labels) is disorienting for a visual user! I don't get what is attempting to
> be explained here.

This is pure geekdom in my view. We're asking implementors
to do it one way vs another for the sake of access technology?

Visually no change, AT wise, lots of difference.

Updated version attached, I've just amended the section 3 bits
that I wrote.
(I couldn't figure out auto numbering so I've put them in manually.
We need a smart one to do that... Listening Rich ;-)

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.

ODF_Accessibility_Guidelines_17_12Jan07.odt