Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] ODF Accessibility SC meeting

Bruised? I would not worry about it. She has a lot of good comments and a lot that well aren't realistic for this go around. We are not trying to reproduce ATAG. ATAG has taken years to get where it is and 1.0 was a disaster.

Interesting that she picked on section 4's conversion to HTML. She wanted MS Office but it is proprietary - hence why we are doing an open document format. Perhaps I will put a comment in on that. :-)

Neither Open Office nor Workplace have a quality .doc converter.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer
Inactive hide details for "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com>"Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com>

          "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com>

          02/27/2007 02:24 AM

office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org

cc

Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

Subject

Re: [office-accessibility] ODF Accessibility SC meeting

My comments inlined with the document.
I feel a bit bruised Rich!

I'll tackle the issues in section 3.

I like the idea of grouping everything on each aspect, tables, images, lists etc.

The key point is the suggestion that each aspect is presented as brief rationale, then action to be taken.
I could ride with that.

I'll leave it to the chairs as to when this tackled.

regards DaveP[attachment "SANComments.dpResponse.odt" deleted by Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM]

GIF image