Subject: Fw: 1.2 update to remove use of table:is-subtble for table merge/span

I thought I would pass this along.

As I indicated, there was not a lot of new content in the 1.2 drafts we have seen. This makes a review fairly easy. Michael was kind enough to provide us with a link to the list of proposals for 1.2. To get ahead of the curve we should begin looking at the ones which have been accepted.

Cheers,
Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer
----- Forwarded by Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM on 08/23/2007 08:58 AM -----

          Michael Brauer <Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM>
          Sent by: Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM

          08/23/2007 01:37 AM

Pete Brunet/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

cc

Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, Peter.Korn@Sun.COM

Subject

Re: 1.2 update to remove use of table:is-subtble for table merge/span

Hi Pete,

you are right, the issue has not been addressed in draft 5. Simple
reason is that draft 5 still is not complete. There are lot of proposals
that have been agreed, but have not been integrated into the
specification so far. The is-sub-table proposal is among them. It for
sure will be integrated into one of the next drafts.

So in general, our editing process is as follows. We have a list of
proposals that have been agreed. That the one listed under

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument_v1.2_Action_Items#head-4854119a1f3d7df4f22fc453bb50e8c6e5b0acd7

in the Wiki. The editors integrate them in to the specification. Due to
the amount of proposals, that takes us some months. In order to allow
early reviews of the integrated proposals, we release drafts whenever a
reasonable amount of proposals have been integrated, so that these
proposals can be reviewed already. We do so, although we know that the
draft is not complete. We further add some markup to the drafts that
shows what has been changed from one draft to another.

The list of proposals that have been integrated already is the link into
the Wiki you provided below.

I hope that helps.

Michael

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/25035/OpenDocument-v1.2-draft5.odt

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument_v1.2_Action_Items#head-e7f8a6a9cdd240143b0ab2a1bc7bde959ff9d36a

> *Pete Brunet*
>
> IBM Accessibility Architecture and Development
> 11501 Burnet Road, MS 9022E004, Austin, TX 78758
> Voice: (512) 838-4594, TL 678-4594, Fax: (512) 838-9666
> Ionosphere: WS4G

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
Sun Microsystems GmbH             Nagelsweg 55
D-20097 Hamburg, Germany          michael.brauer@sun.com
http://sun.com/staroffice         +49 40 23646 500
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

       D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten