Subject: Re: [office] How to add animations for shapes on master pages

On 12/09/2007, Peter Korn <Peter.Korn@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> We should discuss animation accessibility soon in our SC - perhaps at
> our next meeting.  Questions we should explore include ways to tag the
> animation with ALT text descriptions, suggested UI for authors to do
> this, guidelines for when animations should be so tagged (does every
> animation need a description?  is there a way to indicate
> 'non-informational/decorative animations' as such, so the user knows
> they exist and knows they needn't care about them), etc.

The only experience I have is with SVG.
The bottom line is that the animated item (generally as a whole)
may or may not transmit information. E.g. A graph, rising from 20% through
to 80% indicating sales over period x to y.

If it's done on SVG, then there is room to provide alternative formats,
svg:text or title.

IMHO that's as low as we'd want to go.

We'd need a default, yuk, the equivalent of the empty alt text, which indicated
that this is ... you think of a bad example, i.e. decorative graphics.

Rich, Janina, anyone. What have I missed please.

HTH

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.