Subject: Rich hounding people for guidelines action items for ODF Accessibilityguidelines - next version

We have a number of action items outstanding regarding the second release of the ODF Accessibility Guidelines. We need to make progress on these over the next week.

Please send your changes to Peter Korn for incorporating:

Peter K., please provide text in the document to involving a checklist of what office application implementers need to expose for change tracking information.
Peter K. Modify next version of accessibility guidelines to ensure applications respond to system font and color settings.

Hiro: Provide wording in the to address dynamic, asynchronous updates There are several topics in the specs related to “asynchronous automatic update” of contents or values. Automatic updates should be carefully presented to assistive technologies through accessibility APIs. Documents are becoming more dynamic- async updates - some examples: linked tables, database ranges, scripting, text sections, DDE connections.

Janina: Create new wording for reload delay (section 3.13.2) which would allow user agents to control the reload delay and to state the WCAG requirements for content refreshing to prevent seizures. We need wording to provide control over flashing Here are some related links
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-WCAG20-20070517/#general-thresholddef
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20060427/#seizure-does-not-violate
Janina to ask Rich if she needs help.

Janina: Modify accessibility guidelines to state how common field attributes (section 6.7 of the ODF 1.2 spec.) should be supplied to the AT. The field attributes would indicate whether something were a boolean, gregorian date, etc.

Rich S. Dave P. Add wording to the next revision of the guidelines to indicate how the user agent should control the animation rate of images in a presentation.

We don't have quite the approved final accessibility guidelines but the attached file is 99.99 percent it. Please modify the ODF accessibility guidelines below with change tracking on and send to Peter.

(See attached file: ODF_Accessibility_Guidelines_v1 0.odt)

Thanks Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer

ODF_Accessibility_Guidelines_v1 0.odt