Subject: Exposing information about annotations

Not sure if this is the appropriate group, or if asking IA2/ATK people
would be better, but - we have Pete here, so he will forward to IA2 if
needed ;)

Attached is an ODF document with some annotations.
OOo 3 can nicely display these annotations on the screen, but it's
unclear how to best expose them to AT.

Annotations can contain one or more paragraphs, each with its own
formatting.

Annotations can have different colors for the different authors.

If too many annotations are used on 1 page, some annotations are not
visible – see 2nd page.

Annotations can also be completely hidden – try Menu – View – Notes.

In ODF 1.0 and ODF 1.1 an annotation can only be at certain position in
the text. In ODF 1.2 an annotation can annotate an arbitrary part of the
document's content – see approved ODF 1.2 proposal found at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200708/msg00007.html.

Questions/Suggestions:
- They look like objects. Should they be exposed like shapes in a
drawing? When they couldn't have formatted text, I maybe would have
suggested to simply expose them as an attribute, but that also wouldn't
tell the user that there are objects on the screen showing them...
- With ODF 1.2 they can be bound to a range starting in one paragraph,
ending in an other - how to expose this relation?
- When turned off, there is nothing visible, so I guess nothing has to
be exposed.

Any thoughts?

Best,
Malte.