Subject: Do we need a "decorative" attribute for images in ODF?

Hi,

it's been a while that we had to discuss something on this list, so let
me bring up something ;)

I have been made aware that we might need some "decorative" attribute
for images in ODF.

Somebody created a document in ODF, and wanted to export it in an
accessible way as HTML.

The document contains regular images and decorative images.

In HTML, we would need to create an empty ALT tag for the decorative
images, which is different than not creating an ALT tag at all.

But if we did so with every image that has no alternative text, this
would probably happen in 99% of all documents w/o intention, because
many people don't properly set alternative text everywhere where needed.

In ODF, it should probably be possible to explicitly flag an image as
decorative.

Any thoughts?

Malte.