Subject: Re: [office-collab] Generic CT proposal - an implementer's look atit

Frank is correct: the element delta:remove-leaving-content-start contains ONLY the start tag (as an empty element) of an element that has been removed leaving its content. So Thorsten's example should be more like:

<office:body>
<office:text>
<delta:remove-leaving-content-start ...>
<foo/>
</delta:remove-leaving-content-start ...>
 <...> [all this original content of <foo> must be allowed not only in foo but also in office:text, as Frank notes]
 </...>
<delta:remove-leaving-content-end .../>
</office:text>
</office:body>

Note also section 7.2.1 to 7.2.3 of the generic-ct-proposal contains details of some constraints that will always be applicable, so the generic proposal is not a 'free for all'. Of course, as has been suggested, there could be more constraints for ODF.

We did make some modifications to the relaxng schema to cover the use case samples, and this would need to be extended to the rest of the schema. There is a choice about how this is done of course, and specific delta elements could be disallowed in specific places as deemed necessary to constrain it.

Another constraint method would be to identify the edit operation types as meta data in the change-transaction, e.g. 'global word replacement', and then constrain this to contain only text additions and deletions (that would need schematron I think, it could not be done by relaxng).

Regards,
Robin