Subject: IRC log from today's meeting

Please find the IRC log of today's meeting below.
Our next meeting will be in two weeks on the 19th of December.

-------------
[15:34] Svante Schubert: Agenda
------------

1.  Dial-In

2.  Approve the Agenda

3.  CT spec status

4. Discussion on operations, e.g. merge paragraph

5.  Adjournment
[15:35] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: attendees (so far): Svante, John, Patrick, Oliver
[15:37] Svante Schubert: Status from Oliver, summarizing his work and the output on the Wiki
[15:38] Svante Schubert: Operations identified by Oliver as merge operation
[15:41] Svante Schubert: ^^ Johns observations
[15:56] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: I have read Dennis' MCT challenge #2 today and I saw Svante's reply.
[15:57] Svante Schubert: My answer to Dennis:
[16:02] Svante Schubert: Do we agree in the following: It is up to the application how the changes of a component are being shown and bundled. Only the information set of changes have to be the same.
[16:05] Svante Schubert: Same information set allows that the change operations are equivalent. Like appending the characters 'a', 'b' and 'c' is equal to adding the text 'abc'.
[16:08] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: Thus, yes I agree. I would also go a step furthers: Would be good, if an application could indicate a certain bundling and may be also name it.
[16:11] Svante Schubert: Oliver pointed out that we should use the Wiki as first point of collecting use-cases and information, to avoid spreading the information over the list.
[16:16] Svante Schubert:
Let us as well continue to talk on the list with a previous unfinished interesting scenario:
[16:27] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: bye