Subject: Re: [office-comment] Signing ODF documents

On Monday 19 February 2007 17:24, Thomas Schaap wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to sign ODF documents under KOffice. I know
> OpenOffice.org has a working implementation of this, but I haven't found
> any documentation about it's inner workings. More importantly, I haven't
> found anything about signing documents in the ODF standard.
I don't know of any standard for doing this (i.e. ODF doesn't appear to do it,
it is proprietary openoffice.org feature)

It might be interesting to see this standardised as an ODF extension.

The only true description is probably in the openoffice.org source (as
collossal as it is). There are a few documents that have a little bit of the
story though:
http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2004/presentations/friday/timmermann_digital_signatures.pdf
http://specs.openoffice.org/appwide/security/Electronic_Signatures_and_Security.sxw

Also, let me know if you need anything from QCA to implement this!

Brad

PGP signature