Subject: Document openformula-20070208-dwheeler5.odt Section 4.1 Text(String)

I have found an ambiguity in the section cited in the subject of this
message.

I ran across this issue while using OpenOffice.org 2.1 which includes the
surrounding double-quotes as a part of the string.

Given cell A1 containing string "abc" and cell A2 containing string abc.
The function call LEN(A1) returns the value five (5) while the function
call LEN(A2) returns the value three (3). Function calls CODE(A1) and
CODE(RIGHT(A1;1)) both return the value zero (0).

I do not believe that this behavior conforms with the intent of the section
cited in the subject of this message but I do believe that the section
needs to be clarified.

--
Jim