Subject: Re: [office-comment] [formula] Equality operator

Hi Brad,

On Sunday, 2007-03-25 20:42:20 +1100, Brad Hards wrote:

> openformula-20070322-wheeler, section 6.3.6
>
> The equality operator has a couple of unexpected (to me) test cases:
> =ISNA(NA()=NA()) is required to be true.
> I don't agree with the logic "If there's an error on either side, the result
> is an error -- even if you're comparing the "same" error on both sides.".
> That isn't intuitive, and makes for messy logic.

Indeed, the description is correct, but the result value is not, it
should be Error instead. The NA() function generates an error and the
error is propagated through the expression, which is the usual behavior.

> =“Hi”=”HI” is required to be true.
> There is a note about case sensitivity, and some explanation of OOo vs other
> implementations. It seems silly to allow it to be true or false, and to still
> have a test case.

Actually, when seen in the OpenDocument context, case-sensitivity
depends on the table:case-sensitive attribute, not just on some
application setting. I'll modify the description to clarify on that.

Thanks
  Eike