Subject: Re: [office-comment] RFE: Colour space capability within OpenDocument

Rob,

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

>Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net> wrote on 05/03/2007 11:31:25 AM:
>

>>Alex,
>>
>>Thanks for the comments!
>>
>>The mailing list archives, proposals, TC minutes, etc., are all
>>available on the TC website:
>>
>>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office
>>
>>We don't have a defined process for handling comments but comments are
>>acknowledged and passed onto the TC for further action (where
>>

>necessary).
>

>I wonder if we can, without too much trouble, put a lightweight process
>around this?  Maybe something like this:
>
>1) When a comment is received it is added to a comment registry document
>(maybe an ODF spreadsheet) and dated.

Hmmm, well, if we want to capture all comments I assume we could work
out some way to extract them from email. The basic information, date,
sender (for a response), subject line, columns for who responded,
resolution, resolution date.

Does that sound simple enough?

>2) Periodically the TC will review the comment registry and dispose of new
>comments
>3) The comment registry is updated with the resolution and resolution date
>
>If this comment registry is kept public, then those who submit comments
>will always know their status.

Sounds good to me. As ODF matures we are going to be getting comments
and having a process in place will make it easier to track comments,
etc. as well as for people who have made comments to follow the
resolution of their comments.

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau