Subject: Re: The third para in 4.4 of ODF 1.0

Makoto,

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) wrote:
> In addition to what?

I appreciate the comments, I really do, but remember we have others who
are trying to follow our exchanges. It would be helpful to quote the
text in question for context if nothing else.

You ask about the third paragraph in 4.4 of ODF 1.0, which reads as follows:

> In addition to Sections can contain regular text content or the text
> can be contained in another file and linked to the section. Sections
> can also be write-protected or hidden.

The second paragraph of that section reads:

> Sections have two uses in the OpenDocument format: They can be used to
> assign certain formatting properties to a region of text. They can
> also be used to group text that is automatically acquired from some
> external data source.
So, I take it that the first sentence of the third paragraph is simply
an attempted restatement of the second paragraph and should simply be
deleted.

The second sentence of the third paragraph should be appended to the
second paragraph and re-written to possibly read: "Sections can be
write-protected or hidden."

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--