Subject: OpenFormula: Excel FLOOR Function

David, Re:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-formula/200806/msg00016.html
"E.G., Note that our CEILING function has the capabilities of
both "normal" ceiling and "Excel weird ceiling".
Oddly, OOXML doesn't have any way of implementing
the mathematical FLOOR operator (which we do)."

The last time I checked (on a napkin just now),

FLOOR(x) = -CEILING(-x)

It's one of those things that has always stuck with me since I used it in beta testing an old MS-DOS Borland solver.  Knuth gives proving it an M10 in Ex. 1.2.4-4.

 - Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org