Subject: Re: [office-comment] 1.2 para 3.1.7

Dave,

Dave Pawson wrote:
> The <dc:creator> element specifies the name of the person who last
> modified the document. The name of this element was chosen for
> compatibility with the Dublin Core, but this definition of "creator"
> used here differs from Dublin Core, which defines creator as "An
> entity primarily responsible for making the content of the resource."
>

> If the semantics are different from dublin core please use a different
> element name.
> There is no point in diluting DC semantics.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Is this a principle you would suggest being applied to all the "foreign"
elements/attributes in ODF 1.2?

The reason I ask is that if you review the comments I have made on the
latest draft for the attributes, you will find that we depart from
standards where we use their attributes more than now and again.

My personal preference is for use/citation without modification but we
are hardly writing on a clean slate with ODF 1.2 and so there may be
modifications that we simply acknowledge as going to persist over time
or that we plan to change in some future release.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau