Subject: Re: [office-comment] auto, average, count, countnums, max, min, product, stdev, stdevp, sum, varand varp of ODF 1.0

"MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)" <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote on
07/10/2008 02:23:54 AM:

> Define the semantics of these functions.
>
> P.S.  Should I stop?  I have a feeling that people do not
> want to see my comments and do not want to improve ODF 1.0.
> If I shut up, my life will certainly be easier.  Moreover,
> I am probably running the risk of becoming the target of
> character assasination.  What I have done to ODF is not
> so different from what I did to working drafts of XML 1.0.

This is actually very useful.  Of course we will need to balance our work
in improving ODF 1.0 with our work in creating ODF 1.2.

So when I read your defect reports against ODF 1.0, I also check the ODF
1.1 standard and the draft of ODF 1.2, to see if they occur there as well.
 For the more serious issues we will issue errata for ODF 1.0 and ODF 1.1.
 But for minor ambiguities and for editorial issues, we might only address
them in a technical revision, i.e., ODF 1.2.

So even if we do not address all of your issues in ODF 1.0, your defect
reports are still useful to us for when we review ODF 1.2.

-Rob