Subject: Re: [office-comment] Comments on Errata 01 (Committee Draft 03)

Patrick,

> > 3) Correction to 9.3.3
> >
> > The editing instruction does not touch the first sentence but merely
> > replaces the second with two sentences.  However, the first sentence
> > looks unnecessary.

The original bullet is:

	For objects that have an XML representation, the link references
	the sub package of the object. The object is contained within this sub page
	exactly as it would as it is a document of its own.

The editing instruction is:

	Replace "The object is contained within this sub page exactly as it would
	as it is a document of its own." with "For objects that have an
	XML representation, the representation of the object is the
	equivalent to a separate document representing that object,
	except that it is stored in a folder in the document package.
	The xlink references that folder."

So, the bullet becomes:

	For objects that have an XML representation, the link references
	the sub package of the object. For objects that have an
	XML representation, the representation of the object is the
	equivalent to a separate document representing that object,
	except that it is stored in a folder in the document package.
	The xlink references that folder.

Shouldn't the first sentence be deleted?

> > 4) Correction to 15.31.4
> >
> > The editing instruction does not touch the first, second, and third
> > sentences but merely replaces the rest of the paragraph.  However, the
> > second and third sentences look unnecessary.  Even the first one can
> > be removed.

The original text is:

	The tick mark properties are used to specify the existence of
	tick marks at an axis. The major marks are drawn with respect to the
	major interval that may be specified by the chart:axis- interval-major
	attribute. The minor tick marks refer to the chart:axis-interval-minor
	attribute. Inner marks are drawn towards the inside of the plot area,
	that is to the right for an axis displayed on the left hand side of
	the plot area, and to the left for an axis displayed on the right hand
	side of the plot area. Outer marks point in the opposite direction. If
	both properties are specified, one tick mark is drawn that crosses the
	axis.

The editing instruction is:

	Replace "Inner marks are drawn towards the inside of the plot
	area, that is to the right for an axis displayed on the left
	hand side of the plot area, and to the left for an axis
	displayed on the right hand side of the plot area. Outer marks
	point in the opposite direction. If both properties are
	specified, one tick mark is drawn that crosses the axis."

	with:

	"The chart:tick-mark-major-inner and
	chart:tick-mark-major-outer attributes define the marks for a
	major interval. The chart:tick-mark-minor-inner and
	chart:tick-mark-minor-outer attributes define the marks for a
	minor interval. Inner marks are drawn towards the inside of
	the plot area, that is to the right for an axis displayed on
	the left hand side of the plot area, and to the left for an
	axis displayed on the right hand side of the plot area. Outer
	marks point in the opposite direction. If both inner or outer
	attributes are specified for one mark, one tick mark is drawn
	that crosses the axis."

So, the result is:

The  original paragraph is:

	The tick mark properties are used to specify the existence of
	tick marks at an axis. The major marks are drawn with respect
	to the major interval that may be specified by the chart:axis-
	interval-major attribute. The minor tick marks refer to the
	chart:axis-interval-minor attribute. The
	chart:tick-mark-major-inner and chart:tick-mark-major-outer
	attributes define the marks for a major interval. The
	chart:tick-mark-minor-inner and chart:tick-mark-minor-outer
	attributes define the marks for a minor interval. Inner marks
	are drawn towards the inside of the plot area, that is to the
	right for an axis displayed on the left hand side of the plot
	area, and to the left for an axis displayed on the right hand
	side of the plot area. Outer marks point in the opposite
	direction. If both inner or outer attributes are specified for
	one mark, one tick mark is drawn that crosses the axis.

I think that the first three sentences should be removed.

> > 5) Correction 15.36
> >
> > It should be made clear where in the itemized list the four bullets
> > should be added.
> I will suggest to the TC that the language be changed to read:
>
> "Insert at the end of the list located in 15.36 the following values in
> the order shown:"
>
> Would that clarify the instruction?

I think that the three bullets should be added between the third bullet
and fourth bullets the itemized list in 15.36.

Cheers,

--
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>