Subject: RE: [office-comment] Foreign elements and attributes

If the ODF Standard stated that such extensions were not conformant, would
these private, internal to an organization, extensions cease to occur?  Or
will it still continue?  I'd imagine it would still continue.

I think it is a question of control.  Users like extensions when they
control them, such as when they are the originators of extensions, or when
their applications use extensions at their request.  But users do not like
extensions when an application uses them without their knowledge or
consent.

-Rob