Subject: Re: [office-comment] ODF still fails to specify scripting properly (ODF 1.2 CD01)

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 10:25 AM,  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> I'm making a distinction between perfecting the ODF 1.2 draft versus an
> expansion of scope.  The issue is not that we define a scripting interface
> poorly.  The issue is that we don't define one at all.

Right. It's an interoperability breakpoint. But no expansion of scope
is required to forbid embedded scripts in "strict" ODF 1.2.
Interoperability trumps extensibility under JTC 1 Directives and the
Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade.

> I guess we could just take the DSDSL approach and say this will be in ODF
> Part 9, eh?

Can't comply with JTC 1 Directives or governing law by postponing
interoperability, Rob. The ODF TC has been shoving off the
interoperability issue to the next version since its inception in
2002. As the title of Alex's blog goes, "Where is there an end of it?"

Best regards,

Paul E. Merrell, J.D. (Marbux)

--
Universal Interoperability Council