On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:05 AM, Mary McRae <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org> wrote:

>  Just jumping in here for a public service announcement. The public comment
> facility (i.e. the office-comment email list) is the only allowed mechanism
> for feedback to the TC. This is not just during public reviews (at which
> point all comments must be logged and their resolution noted before
> progressing further), but any and all input to a TC from non-TC members.

Thank you, Mary,

So if a post is intended as feedback to the TC, it's appropriately
addressed to this list, correct? If so, I think I have a workable
guideline for deciding where to post.

It seems to me that this would permit posts that add constructive
criticism to posts that suggest action for the TC, e.g., suggested
refinements, perceived defects, good faith reasons the TC might act or
refrain from acting on feedback, etc. But posts aimed at edifying
folks other than TC members would be off-topic. The line I discern
from what you said is whether or not the post is intended to be a
communication to the TC.

Am I in the ballpark on this?

>  If anyone has any questions with regard to OASIS Policies, please feel
> free to contact me directly.

Intending no disrespect by replying here, I think that others will
benefit from the clarification.

Best regards,

Paul E. Merrell, J.D. (Marbux)

--