On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 6:32 AM,  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> marbux <marbux@gmail.com> wrote on 03/02/2009 08:17:48 AM:
>
> If you read the context further, you'll see that this is only a
> requirement for comments received during a public review draft, during a
> public review.

Correct. I have already acknowledged my error in that regard and
apologized for it.

> You can see how our work in tracking each legitimate public review comment
> is made more difficult if the signal/noise ratio on this list is low.  It
> also frustrating for the person who joins the list to submit a comment,
> stays on the list for a day or two for an acknowledgement, and then is
> deluged with dozens of heated posts debating the nature of
> interoperability.  We need to respect the purpose of this list.

Intending no disrespect, I have seen no heated posts on this list so
far nor have I seen "dozens"  of posts "debating the nature of
interoperability," heated or not.

I believe I can work within the limits Mary identified. But I do not
understand how you expect me to behave if you intend that I exercise
stricter self-control than what Mary specified.

Best regards,

Paul E. Merrell, J.D. (Marbux)

--
Universal Interoperability Council