Subject: Re: [office-comment] Separating OpenFormula from (the rest of) ODF 1.2

On Friday 15 May 2009 03:32:24 pm marbux wrote:
> <http://www.wto.org/english/docs_e/legal_e/17-tbt_e.htm#ann3_sp>.
> The plain language seems to resolve the issue:
>
> " Before adopting a standard, the standardizing body shall allow a
> period of at least 60 days for the submission of comments on *the*
> draft standard by interested parties within the territory of a Member
> of the WTO."

> In context, "the draft standard" is unambiguous and encompasses the
> entirety of the draft standard as opposed to a sequential review of
> component parts.
I note the addition of the emphasis to the quote. Given that it was necessary
to emphasise it, I assume that you didn't find it entirely unambiguous and
encompassing the entire document in one piece.

I too would like to see the whole document available for review for a
reasonable period. However you are making (arguable) legal case out of
something that should be a matter of reasonable practical.

Brad