Subject: office-comment list -- Monthly Administrivia Reminder

This is the office-comment list <office-comment@lists.oasis-open.org>

== Purpose of the List ==

This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the OASIS
Open Document Format for Office Applications TC.

The TC's home page is here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office

This list is not a support avenue for ODF applications, nor is it a
general-purpose discussion list on ODF topics.

==  Using the List  ==

You can subscribe to the list by following the instructions here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=office

You can unsubscribe to the list by sending an email to:

A searchable archive of the list contents is here:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/

== Submitting a comment ==

When submitting a comment to the list, please follow these guidelines:

1) Indicate clearly in the subject line the nature of your comment, the
ODF version to which your comment pertains, and the section number in the
specification to which you refer.  "Defect", "problem" or "clarification
needed" are not good subject lines.  But "Missing comma in ODF 1.2 CD02
section 1.2.3" is an example of great comment.

2) If you are proposing a new feature or capability, then make sure that
the subject line contains the world "Proposal", such as "Proposal for new
spreadsheet function FOO()" or "Double text overline proposal".

3) If you have a desired outcome in mind, then describe what you want to
see happen in the body of your comment.

4) Every new comment should be in a new thread.  We risk losing track of
issues if they are submitted 5 levels deep in a thread.

== What to expect after submitting a comment ==

Comments are of three kinds: those submitted during official Public
Reviews, those that are part of ISO/IEC JTC1 defect reports, and all other

comments.

1) For comments submitted during a Public Review, we will follow the
process defined here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#publicReview

2) For ISO/IEC JTC1 defect reports, we will follow the process described
in our existing agreements with ISO/IEC JTC1.

3)  The TC has agreed to consider all submitted comments, regardless of
when they were submitted.  Although you may not receive an immediate
response from the TC, be assured that your comments have been archived on
the list, and you can track their resolution via JIRA, as explained below.

== Tracking the resolution of your comment in JIRA ==

The ODF TC uses JIRA for issue tracking.   We periodically run automation
that transcribes comments from the office-comment list into JIRA.  This
automation works best when the guidelines described above are followed.

The public can examine the current status of all issues in JIRA here:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/office

To see the status of issues that you have submitted, you can search for
your email address in the "Quick Search" box in the upper left.

To find the status of a specific comment from the list, search for the
subject line (in quotes).

Some other useful pre-defined searches are listed here:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/ManageFilters.jspa

== Other Useful Lists ==

opendocument-users: an unmoderated, public mail list that provides an open

forum for developers to exchange ideas and information on implementing the

office OASIS Standard.

You can subscribe here:  http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/

There are additional discussion forums hosted at OpenDocument.xml.org
here: http://opendocument.xml.org/forum

The ODF TC has its own list for TC member discussion.  You can view the
archives here:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/

Posting rights on the ODF TC list are a privilege of TC membership.
Information on joining
OASIS can be found here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/join/