Subject: SVG Liaison

Hi, Folks-

In an April email to the ODF TC [1], Robert Weir of IBM raised the issue
of a liaison with the SVG WG.  I found this encouraging sign regarding
progress on SVG integration and correction of some frankly unorthodox
uses of SVG syntax.

However, there was no followup to that message, and the SVG WG has
received no reply regarding a liaison, despite the efforts of the SVG WG
to reach out to the ODF TC [2][3] in an effort to forestall some of the
earlier confusion about the use of SVG in ODF 1.0, and similar
requirement by Rick Jelliffe [4].

A recent search of your email archives for SVG [5] doesn't seem to
indicate any progress on the overall issue, instead seeming to
concentrate on reusing and revamping the earlier misused syntax.  I
certainly understand that it takes time to make progress on these
things, and I hope I'm simply misinterpreting the emails.

Could you please assign someone to serve as a liaison to the SVG WG, so
we can keep apprised of the direction the ODF TC is heading?

[1]
http://markmail.org/message/r3sqra2ukt52bsk4?q=svg+list:org.oasis-open.lists.office+order:date-backward
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200903/msg00155.html
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200903/msg00158.html