Subject: FW: [oasis-open.org #11895] more on MoinMoin Formula Plug-in

Hey guys!

  Just wanted to let you know that the long-awaited formula plug-in has finally been installed!! See Greg's notes below about proper usage.

All the best,

Mary

From: Greg Rundlett [mailto:greg.rundlett@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:10 PM
To: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org

Yes, I enabled MathML Formula support (via the ASCII MathML project) for all Moin wikis.  (Sorry if that message didn't come across... I thought RT would have sent you the whole comment that I entered into the RT system.)  You can see the MathML support in action by visiting this page http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/Formulas Note the red formula.

The content on that page that says formula markup doesn't work is now incorrect.  I will leave it to you to communicate the status (Math Formula support is working using the ASCIIMath plugin) to those TC members who care; and leave it to the TC members to update their content as they see fit.

This page talks about adding such support to MoinMoin software and the proper syntax to get formulas to show up in your wiki pages: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MathMlSupport
This page talks specifically about how ASCIIMath works (it's a javascript file).  http://www1.chapman.edu/~jipsen/mathml/asciimath.html

/*
ASCIIMathML.js
==============
This file contains JavaScript functions to convert ASCII math notation
to Presentation MathML. The conversion is done while the (X)HTML page
loads, and should work with Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape 7+ and Internet
Explorer 6+MathPlayer (http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathplayer/).
Just add the next line to your (X)HTML page with this file in the same folder:
<script type="text/javascript" src="ASCIIMathML.js"></script>
This is a convenient and inexpensive solution for authoring MathML.

Version 1.4.7 Dec 15, 2005, (c) Peter Jipsen http://www.chapman.edu/~jipsen
Latest version at http://www.chapman.edu/~jipsen/mathml/ASCIIMathML.js
For changes see http://www.chapman.edu/~jipsen/mathml/asciimathchanges.txt
If you use it on a webpage, please send the URL to jipsen@chapman.edu

the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at
your option) any later version.

MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
General Public License (at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html)
for more details.
*/

Mary McRae wrote:

Does this mean that you added the formula plug-in for the OpenDocument Wiki???

Mary