Subject: Re: [office-formula] CONVERT

Hi Andreas,

On Friday, 2007-02-02 09:36:17 -0700, Andreas J Guelzow wrote:

> > > EUROCONVERT(n,source,target)
> >
> > Actually it's
> > EUROCONVERT(number,source,target,full_precision,triangulation_precision)
>
> Well, EUROCONVERT(n,source,target) is a 3 argument function in Gnumeric.
> (I assume my bias shows when I consider that the measure of all things.)

Sure, I wouldn't had assumed though that Gnumeric does it different
there, it tries to be compatible with Excel in most functions. Sorry, in
future I'll look up things in Gnumeric before replying.

> When you say "Actually it's..." are you referring to Excel? (I have no
> reasonable way to try out Excel.) I don't see it in OOo.

Yes, I was referring to Excel, OOo doesn't have that function.

> > Which lacks the Slovenian Tolar SIT. Slovenia joined the Euro community
> > per 2007-01-01. This is one of the reasons why OOo decided to have the
> > conversion factors in the configuration, new factors can be added by the
> > user.
>
> Of course this is Gnumeric's list as of 1.6.3, not Excel's.

Excel doesn't have SIT either. Maybe 2007 has, I don't know. OOo2.1 has
SIT added.

> > > EURO converts one Euro to a given national currency in the European
> > > monetary union.
> >
> > Where did you find that function? My Excel 2003 doesn't have it, not
> > even if the Euro Tools are installed. It also isn't in the Ecma spec.
>
> I was responding to a message that refered to Gnumeric:

Again my fault, sorry.

> > Does Gnumeric have a name for OOo's "CONVERT" function?  I don't have
> > my "stuff" with me right now... I vaguely remember a EUROCONVERT being
> > involved somewhere.
> >
> so I was talking about Gnumeric functions. With respect to Excel I just
> have to believe what people tell me.

I wish I could say that as well..