Subject: Re: [office-formula] CONVERT

Andreas J Guelzow wrote:
> > Well, EUROCONVERT(n,source,target) is a 3 argument function in Gnumeric.
> > (I assume my bias shows when I consider that the measure of all things.)

Excel has:
> > > Actually it's
> > > EUROCONVERT(number,source,target,full_precision,triangulation_precision)

Okay, it appears that the 3-parameter version is more portable.  So I propose that we call it EUROCONVERT, and that the CONVERT function will have Excel/Gnumeric semantics.

That means that OOo will have to translate its old CONVERT to EUROCONVERT, and its old CONVERT_ADD into CONVERT.  Gnumeric and Excel won't need to do much.

In the long term, it'd be nice to have a function named CONVERT_MONEY(number, from, to)... applications could have some way to look up conversion factors, and use them.  But right now we need to concentrate on standardizing existing functionality, so knowing that we could have another function in the name that would be similar is fine.

In my personal copy I have defined CONVERT, EUROCONVERT, as well as INFO and INDIRECT.

There are a few functions left to do.  Anyone willing to pick up one of the last ones left?