Subject: ZTEST

I just had a look at the ZTEST description. Considering the 2 argument
version, the description seems to differ from what OOo and GNumeric
implements (and according to what the description itself says also what
Excel does.)

I can't confirm what Excel does (it doesn't run under Linux so it is not
available to me) but OOo and Gnumeric calculate the onesided p-value for
the z-test.

The three-argument version yields significantly different values between
OOo and Gnumeric and I haven't quite determined yet which values that
are.

Am I correct in assuming that our function descriptions ought to be
close to at least some implementation?

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow, Professor
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences