Subject: Re: [office-formula] CONVERT - use 'h' and 'HP' for horsepower(per Excel, and NOT per Ecma)

Eike Rathke:
> Ecma says uppercase 'H' or lowercase 'hp' for horsepower. Both are not
> accepted by Excel 2003, but lowercase 'h' and uppercase 'HP' are.

I've just received an email confirming that Excel 2007 does the same thing as Excel 2003.

I don't believe for a minute that the Ecma spec is correct.  That would make any existing spreadsheet using the Excel names to become invalid.  Since Ecma is basically a spec of "whatever Excel does", I would continue to use the historical 'h' and 'HP'.