Subject: Re: [office-formula] recalculation model and chapter 3 generally

Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net> wrote on 12/08/2009 09:07:31 AM:

> Seems to me that we could move the non-normative parts of 3 to an annex
> and combine what little normative material there is with the conformance

> clauses. That would eliminate chapter 3 as it presently stands, which
> would re-number everything else so would appreciate some quick feedback
> on this structural change. (Noting that we can keep the non-normative
> content, just not here.)

What was the intent on the test cases?  Non-normative annex?  Or remove
the altogether?  My preference would be to see all of this non-normative
material live on in a cohesive form, either in an annex, or in a separate
"Implementor's Guide" paper, not part of the standard.  But having it
split into different places would not be that useful, I think.

What do others think?  Would it be worth moving the non-normative
background information into a separate document, to be edited later, in
the style of an "OpenFormula Implementor's Guide"?

-Rob