Subject: Matrix evaluation

Greetings!

I am still untangling the matrix evaluation section.

I assume that:

> If the expression is being evaluated in a cell flagged as a being part
> of a 'Matrix' (ODF 8.1.3 |table:number-matrix-columns-spanned|):

under 2) Matrix Evaluation

is correct but it isn't a requirement for matrix evaluation.

That is to say that OpenFormula is defining matrix evaluation for all
instances of matrix evaluation and not just those in a cell flagged....

Yes?

Which makes the relationship between 2.2, which says it is a
generalization of 2.1 even odder.

Was it intended to have one matrix evaluation for ODF and another more
generally?

I suspect I need a conference call with the author of this section to
sort this out.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34