Subject: is-true-formula in table:condition

1. For <expression> anywhere within the syntax of table:condition values,
why not allow the <expression> to include the pseudo-function cell-content()
that is already used for the value under validation elsewhere in the
definition of table:condition syntax?  (The name might vary, depending on
the <expression> language, but for OpenFormula it would be CELL_CONTENT()
perhaps?)

2. This employs a precedent already established for table:condition and it
leaves all questions answered with regard to how
is-true-formula(<expression>) can be used.

 - Dennis

3. (PS) I noticed that "cell-content-*" is used everywhere in the naming of
table:condition conditions.  We have no right to be surprised that some
would think that <table:content-element> represents a steady-state condition
that is always maintained, even if the event listeners and companions are
there for the interactive modification case (including, I presume,
indirectly via formula recalculation).

4. (PPS) It is an interesting exercise to see if it is ever possible to
specify the condition that a new value must be less than the current value
of the cell, if any.  I think not. [When I wrote this I did not have the
benefit of the between example from Andreas.  Similar problem.]

Dennis E. Hamilton
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org