Subject: Minutes for 20 April 2006 Metadata SC meeting

Greetings!

The minutes for 20 April 2006 are attached.

Given the late filing of the minutes, I will be suggesting at today's
meeting that we defer voting on these minutes until 10 May 2006 to give
everyone time to review them.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Patrick@Durusau.net

Metadata SC Minutes, 20 April 2006

Attendees
---------

1. Roll Call

Bruce D'Arcus, The Open Document Foundation, Inc.
Patrick Durusau, individual
Gary Edwards, The Open Document Foundation, Inc.
Robert Weir, IBM

2. Action Items Review:

a. Legal uses : Patrick Durusau
b. Health care : John Madden
c. General tagging : Lars Opperman
d. Academic publishing : Bruce D'Arcus
e. Implementation issues : Lars Opperman

3. Teleconference meeting day/time - passed

4. Process for review of use cases

Rob Weir has some use cases, work flow, collaborative editing

Bruce: at what point are we done?

Rob: sufficiently low rate of change

Rob: what about a committee draft by middle of May?

Rob: Preface with references to ODF metadata, here is where we are
at, here is where we want to go

XFormts discussion

Rob: metadata on document templates, to guide generation of output in
other vocabularies, styles that map into other vocabularies. Mapping
between ODF and DocBook structures.

Action item: Patrick - uses cases draft to the TC next Monday

Action item: Gary - follow up with Legal/RDF

Action item: Rob - metadata in document template for other
vocabularies and will talk to research at IBM

Action item: Patrick - forum for wiki? ask Carol

Action item: All, add more use cases.

Target: Draft of use cases by 15 May, 2006.