Subject: Re: [office-metadata] use case plan?

On Jun 9, 2006, at 4:28 PM, John C Barstow wrote:

> I'd be ready to discuss the use cases next week, after I've had a
> chance
> to review and expand upon the wiki material - still getting up to speed
> on the TC as a whole.

Hi John,

Welcome aboard.

Just as a head's up, our plan had been to submit a draft use case doc
to the TC May 15, and then to put that up for a public comment period
of a few weeks. I'm wanting to do this soon so we can get to the
interesting/hard part before the summer ends.

BTW, as we move forward on this, it might be good for people to take a
look at MS's ECMA draft and its support for custom schemas and such (a
la the citation stuff I've mentioned here the last couple days). There
is some obvious overlap, and it'd make sense to strive for decent
interoperability.