Subject: Re: [office-metadata] RDFa model and xml:id

Elias,

When you respond to my post, please note the example that I give of
cut-n-paste:

> Example:

> meta.xml
>
> <rdf:Description rdf:about="content.xml#location1">
>
> # now imagine a very complex graph of attributes which is not currently
> defined how to extract a specific subset of triples that start from a
> giving subject. #
>
> </rdf:Description>
>
> bibliography.xml
>
> <rdf:Description rdf:about="content.xml#location1">
>
> # now imagine another very complex graph of attributes which is not
> currently defined how to extract a specific subset of triples that start
> from a giving subject. #
>
> </rdf:Description>
>
> Hopefully, you are able to see that if we were to remove that <div
> id="party"></div> entirely we would be leaving a lot of metadata
> around and
> worse completely disconnecting the two.

My example being:

So if I copy and paste:

I haven't lost the context????

Looks to me like I have and so far I have seen no proposals to restrict
copying of content that would preserve the inline metadata.

****

In other words, simply saying that metadata is "inline" doesn't solve
your cut-n-paste problem.

Unless you are going to presume some restrictions on what can be
selected and I don't have any idea for how to do that in the general case.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau