Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Focus on model

Hello Elias,

Some more thoughts from me...

So it looks, like for the indexing applications, which want to store
information about documents, there needs to be a defined 'function',
that describes how to extract the meta-data-model from a given ODF
document, so that statements made about specific parts of the document
can be related back to the document as well as the specific parts which
they relate to. The syntax, by which this model is represented inside
the document is largely (if not at all) irrelevant, as long as a
function exists, that can extract it. This function should also be
implementable with reasonable effort on a wide range of platforms.

I can imagine both, a function that does the 'special' resource
resolution which I used in my RDF/XML examples as well as another
function, which pulls resources that are marked as such directly from
the content. Both functions would have the same result.

Now, if we approach the matter from the generation side rather than from
the consumption side, it should also be easy to a) create the meta-data
content while working on the content and b) preserve the meta-data's
integrity when the content is modified.

It looks to me, like all approaches which we looked at seem equally
suited to defining a function that pulls the meta-data from the document.

Is this understanding consistent with how you other think about this
matter, or are there other aspects that should have an influence on this?

Bests,
Lars