Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Groups - Metadata SC meeting added

On Jan 2, 2007, at 7:14 PM, patrick@durusau.net wrote:

> Please note that comments on the current proposal (see the wiki) is on
> the
> agenda for tomorrow.

I can't make it tomorrow, but just want to mention the content on the
wiki is a little dated. I suggest, as one example, changing the stuff
on model and syntax to something more simple:

=====

OpenDocument metadata supports the RDF, both by storing RDF/XML in the
file package and registering such files with the 'application/rdf+xml'
mediatype, and also through the use of metadata attributes in content
(see below). When serializing RDF/XML, the following conventions should
be used for easy XML processing:

1. properties should be encoded as elements
2. properties should generally be wrapped in a single resource node
=====

We then just refer to the W3C specs and can be done. No doubt the
language could be cleaned up to read better, but you get the idea.

> I haven't written much but have been thinking about how we can enable
> both
> the RDFa senario so ably presented by Elias as well as enabling
> attachment
> of other metadata, possibly following other models, over the holidays.
>
> I plan on working on a specific proposal after our call tomorrow so if
> you
> have any particular concerns, please bring them to the call. If we run
> out
> of time, please post them to the mailing list.

All I care about is that we do not presume xml:id a magic bullet that
solves all problems. I consider it essential that we allow both xml:id,
as well as the handful of additional attributes: property, about, etc.

If we not think that acceptable to include those attributes, then I
want an outline -- on the list -- of why, specifically, not.