Subject: Re: [office-metadata] "Logical/abstract" vs. "physical" representation

On Mar 1, 2007, at 11:34 AM, Svante Schubert wrote:

> Would it not be sufficient to use rdf:nodeID on RDF/XML side and
> make xml:id unique on package level instead of file level?
> I like the idea to use the reference "proposal.odt#quote1" instead
> of "proposal.odt/content.xml#quote1"

I don't have a strong opinion about whether the sub-package file name
is in the URI, but:

a) we need a good base URI

b) I'm not so sure we should redefine xml:id.

As a strawman, why don't we say -- as I suggested last week -- that
all documents must have a URI that serves as the base URI for
resolution of xml:ids, and maybe understand the content.xml as the
default file in question? Then, if someone needed to reference
something from a style file, they could just do "[base-URI]/
styles.xml#094013948319".